Visitor Medical Insurance for Visitors to USA
Visitor Medical Insurance, otherwise known as Insurance for Visitors or Travel Medical Insurance, is a type of short-term health insurance. These types of plans are designed to cover sicknesses, accidents, and pre-existing conditions. Given the high costs of healthcare in the USA, it is a safe decision to enroll in a international travel health insurance. In 2017, the United States spent more than $3.5 trillion on healthcare. In fact, our 2018 claims data showed that the average claim processed was over $16,304.23, with the highest being over $106,000. Many visitors to the USA leave their families in a tough situation if they have a injury or illness that has very high medical expenses.
Is it mandatory to have health insurance, to visit the US?
The Trump Administration recently proclaimed all immigrant visa applicants must show proof of health insurance. Visitor visa applicants are not required to show proof of health insurance. However, a immigration officer may ask for affidavit of support paperwork. Having an visitor health insurance visa letter will indicate you will not be a burden to the US during your stay.
Why Do I need Visitor Medical Insurance for my visit to the USA?
A study by the Rand Corporation found the cost of stay in a medical facility was $6,000 per day. Even a 2-day hospital stay can cost more than $18,000. This price could rise if you have pre-existing medical conditions, such as high blood pressure or diabetes.
A study of INF Claims data showed that when visiting senior has pre-existing conditions, they are likely to be hospitalized for certain issues. These issues include Urinary Tract Infections, Lightheadedness, Acute Cardiac Issues, or diabetic shocks. Moreover, our study found the average cost of an emergency room visit for each sickness was at least $8,000. Have a visitors health insurance plan is the best way to prevent a potential disaster when you come to the USA.
What Visitors Medical Insurance Plans should enroll in?
There are Insurance for Visitors plans which can cover any type of condition, and meet any health or visa requirement. INF provides Insurance for Visitors options for all age groups 0-99 years old. All INF Plans use the Multiplan & First Health PPO Network. The means cashless claims where you do not have to file for reimbursement. And, INF Plans use American Insurance Companies to back their products
If you are looking for a basic Insurance for Visitors plan which can cover small emergencies we suggest enrolling in the INF SelectCare Plan fixed benefit Insurance for Visitors plan. INF SelectCare has benefits such as $0 Copay Telemedicine, Dental & Vision Coverage, and Emergency Medical Evacuation. INF SelectCare premiums are less than $1 a day. INF SelectCare pays claims based on a schedule of benefits, and provides basic limited coverage.
For people who do not want to take risks- you can opt to enroll in a comprehensive visitor insurance plan. Comprehensive Insurance for Visitors plans are the best type of Insurance for Visitors to enroll in. These plans pay a much higher amount in claims. Comprehensive Insurance for Visitors pays a percentage of the total bill- not limited by a schedule of benefits.
For example, if you have a $50,000, a comprehensive plan will pay $40,000- no questions asked. If your visitors to USA has pre-existing conditions- we suggest enrolling in either the INF Elite or INF Advantage Plan. INF Elite Insurance for Visitors covers all pre-existing conditions, and INF Advantage only covers emergencies related to pre-existing conditions.
Visiting seniors to USA can buy Insurance for Visitors from INF.
INF provides visitor medical Insurance for Visitors to USA
What is the cheap & best visitor insurance for parents visiting USA?
The 3 cheapest and best plans for parents visiting the USA are as follow:
1) INF SelectCare Fixed Benefit Plan. Premiums starting as low as $0.50 per day.
2) INF Choice Fixed Benefit, Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions Plan. Basic coverage, and comes with a lot of features like dental, vision, and $0 copay telemedicine urgent care.
3) INF Advantage Comprehensive visitor insurance coverage. Comes with all of the best benefits like INF Choice, and includes a wellness check benefit. Wellness check is a preventive care benefit which means you can get your visitor a regular doctor check up and it is going to be covered by the plan.
What is the best temporary medical Insurance for Visitors to USA?
The best temporary medical insurance would by INF Advantage or INF Elite. INF Advantage covers 80% of all charges up to $150,000 or $75,000. INF Elite is the best Insurance for Visitors with pre-existing conditions. INF Elite covers heart attack, stroke, diabetes, kidney & thyroid issues, and the worsening or pre-existing conditions. INF Elite is the only plan which truly covers all pre-existing conditions.
According to data provided by the US Department of Trade, healthcare costs for USA visitors were over $40 billion. Out of this $40 billion- almost half was due to emergency medical sicknesses caused by pre-existing conditions. Travel medical insurance plans typically do not cover pre-existing conditions because it is very high risk.
INF has 30+ years of claims data, and the financial strength of Chubb. This allows us to provide full pre-existing coverage for visitors to the United States. This is why INF has such a unique program of full pre-existing coverage- something no other company will offer!
Can a 80-year old senior get Insurance for Visitors in the USA?
Visiting Seniors to USA have several options for pre-existing Insurance for Visitors:
1) INF Elite Network Plan - offers the highest comprehensive coverage for those who are age 80+. Elite comes with $75,000 of new sickness coverage and $20,000 of full pre-existing coverage. Full Pre-Existing means we cover any pre-existing condition, for in-patient, out-patient, and specialist care.
2) INF Advantage Plan - offers the highest acute onset of pre-existing conditions coverage for those who are 80+ at $75,000. Unlike other plans in this category, Advantage has NO exclusions for UTIs, NO sub-limit for cardiac events, NO limit on times you can visit the hospital, and NO exclusion for changes in medication with the last 30 days.
3) INF Premier Plan - offers the best fixed benefit coverage for pre-existing conditions in the 80+ age group. Premier Plan covers up to $25,000 in pre-existing coverage for visitors who are age 80+
4) INF Choice- this is the cheapest and best visitor insurance coverage for those who are 80+. INF Choice gives visiting seniors up to $100,000 in benefits for new sicknesses. No other plan can come close to offering the coverage for visiting seniors at such a low cost as the INF Choice Plan.
Buy visitor medical insurance for parents visiting USA
How to buy travel medical insurance for my parents trip to the USA?
You can purchase travel medical insurance for your parents online, over the phone, or by submitting a paper application. INF provides you the flexibility to choose what method is the easiest to apply for Insurance for Visitors for your parents.
We suggest enrolling visiting parents in a travel medical policy at least 10 business days before their arrival. This provides us time to send your visiting parents' information to our claims office, telemedicine provider, and dental provider. Moreover, it gives your parents time to print out the documents to keep with them during their journey.
INF plans cover your visiting parents the moment they leave their house in their home country. Our plans cover accidents in the home country, and accidents and sickness during their travel